Vocabupalooza
Dear Readers,
Last night Mommy came home from New Hampshire with TWO gifts for me. The first was a stuffed moose with New Hampshire embroidered on his tummy (that's gotta hurt!), and a cool model airplane that has lights and makes a cool airplane sound. I enjoyed throwing this down on the floor many times.
Yesterday when Daddy was bringing me home from daycare on the bus, he pointed to Central Park (which the bus has to go through) and I said "park." Daddy was very pleased. I felt that it was vital to learn this word so that I can better command my parents to take me there (the most vital being, of course, "bottle" which I mastered a while ago). I said "park" again today when Mommy and I went through Central Park AND when I saw a school's playground - without her even having to point them out.
Most exitingly, I showed Mommy how well I know the word "bus." We were waiting at the bus stop this morning, and I saw the bus coming from WAY down the street and said "bus" and got this huge smile on my face. "Bus" means I'm going to day care, and day care means F-U-N!!
However, this morning I was duped. We took the bus to the same subway stop as when I go to daycare, but then Mommy took me underground to ride on a train to go to the ophthalmologist. Mommy bought a bottle of water and a bagel for me to have in the waiting room, and I was very excited, because you know how much I LOVE water bottles. It wasn't my favorite kind - with the little spout that pulls up - but one with a cap. Mommy doesn't let me hold these on my own like the ones with the spounts. Anyway, I drank lots of water, and one time grabbed it and took such a big swig that I ended up spitting most of it out on my dress. That was pretty funny. I also said the word "glasses" today because I saw some like Daddy wears in the opticians area of the office.
I woke up late this morning, but the morning routine was the same. Daddy delivers me directly to my "bottle chair" and turns on T-Voed Sesame Street. I sit there with my white blankie and wait for Daddy to bring the bottle, then Daddy goes to take a shower. No one is allowed to touch me or talk to me until I have finished my bottle - I'm very adamant about this. I told them its like Daddy and his coffee. Once I've finished my bottle I have to go find someone to hand it to, and someone eventually nabs me for a "diapey change." I get very excited when Daddy starts getting dressed for work. I always help him by bringing his shoes to him from out of the closet. Usually I bring both pairs of his shoes (no Immelda Marcos is he) to him just to make sure he has whatever pair he needs. Then, after Mommy picks out what I am going to wear, I help my parents dress me, and get VERY excited once we get to the shoes and socks.
I spent the part of the morning when Mommy and Daddy get ready for work tearing up toilet paper off a mostly-used roll and putting each torn piece into the trash. I learned that once things go into the trash, they don't get to come back out again. I tore every last shred of paper off that roll - even the parts that are really stuck on. My parents were happy as this entertained me for quite a while.
While Daddy put my shoes on this morning I sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" with him. Mommy says it sounds like I am singing the words (or at least a lot of them), but it's hard to tell exactly what words I know and when I'm just faking it. Hee hee.
Last night Mommy came home from New Hampshire with TWO gifts for me. The first was a stuffed moose with New Hampshire embroidered on his tummy (that's gotta hurt!), and a cool model airplane that has lights and makes a cool airplane sound. I enjoyed throwing this down on the floor many times.
Yesterday when Daddy was bringing me home from daycare on the bus, he pointed to Central Park (which the bus has to go through) and I said "park." Daddy was very pleased. I felt that it was vital to learn this word so that I can better command my parents to take me there (the most vital being, of course, "bottle" which I mastered a while ago). I said "park" again today when Mommy and I went through Central Park AND when I saw a school's playground - without her even having to point them out.
Most exitingly, I showed Mommy how well I know the word "bus." We were waiting at the bus stop this morning, and I saw the bus coming from WAY down the street and said "bus" and got this huge smile on my face. "Bus" means I'm going to day care, and day care means F-U-N!!
However, this morning I was duped. We took the bus to the same subway stop as when I go to daycare, but then Mommy took me underground to ride on a train to go to the ophthalmologist. Mommy bought a bottle of water and a bagel for me to have in the waiting room, and I was very excited, because you know how much I LOVE water bottles. It wasn't my favorite kind - with the little spout that pulls up - but one with a cap. Mommy doesn't let me hold these on my own like the ones with the spounts. Anyway, I drank lots of water, and one time grabbed it and took such a big swig that I ended up spitting most of it out on my dress. That was pretty funny. I also said the word "glasses" today because I saw some like Daddy wears in the opticians area of the office.
I woke up late this morning, but the morning routine was the same. Daddy delivers me directly to my "bottle chair" and turns on T-Voed Sesame Street. I sit there with my white blankie and wait for Daddy to bring the bottle, then Daddy goes to take a shower. No one is allowed to touch me or talk to me until I have finished my bottle - I'm very adamant about this. I told them its like Daddy and his coffee. Once I've finished my bottle I have to go find someone to hand it to, and someone eventually nabs me for a "diapey change." I get very excited when Daddy starts getting dressed for work. I always help him by bringing his shoes to him from out of the closet. Usually I bring both pairs of his shoes (no Immelda Marcos is he) to him just to make sure he has whatever pair he needs. Then, after Mommy picks out what I am going to wear, I help my parents dress me, and get VERY excited once we get to the shoes and socks.
I spent the part of the morning when Mommy and Daddy get ready for work tearing up toilet paper off a mostly-used roll and putting each torn piece into the trash. I learned that once things go into the trash, they don't get to come back out again. I tore every last shred of paper off that roll - even the parts that are really stuck on. My parents were happy as this entertained me for quite a while.
While Daddy put my shoes on this morning I sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" with him. Mommy says it sounds like I am singing the words (or at least a lot of them), but it's hard to tell exactly what words I know and when I'm just faking it. Hee hee.
When I FINALLY got to day care I RAN to Miss Kiwi (my favorite teacher) and hugged her and smiled. Then I ran to Miss Tayie (my other favorite teacher) and gave her a hug. Then I notice that music class was just ending (they were in the middle of the good-bye song), and when the guy started to pack up his guitar, I just stood there in SHOCK. I can't believe I missed music class!! I told Mommy in no uncertain terms that she'd better plan my appointments around music class from now on. Also, I think my standing in the middle of the room looking shocked and disappointed helped persuade her. WHAT was she thinking?
LOVE, SOPH

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home