The Sophia Chronicles

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Five By Five

Hi There,

Yesterday I had my 18-month well-baby check-up and it turns out that I'm ok. Not that my parents would know. The doctor asked Daddy if I could identify five body parts and he told the doctor that he had no idea - that he and Mommy hadn't bothered to ask. Of course, chided as he was, Daddy grilled me on some body parts when he got home from work. I showed him that I knew where my nose, belly, and feet are. They already knew that I knew where my eyes and teeth are. So, I guess that's five. So, I guess I'm ok.

My teachers told Daddy that I was talking up a storm today. I apparently know all of my classmates' names - Isha, Maura, Kai, Jonah, Sydney, Sean, Kira, etc., and say bye to them by name. I say "out" a lot, of course, because I am allergic to being in-doors (unless I'm in the gym). My teachers also told Daddy that I have been saying "can I get" followed by nothing. Daddy was skeptical.

I've been getting a lot of flack from Mommy for being too scared to feed the animals at the petting zoo on Tuesday even though I taunt our cat Bunny with my chicken, and then pull it away from him at the last minute and eat it right in front of him. She seems to think this is rude. Wednesday night Mommy and I ate nearly all of Daddy's chicken in peanut sauce from the Vietnamese take-out, but I ate most of it myself. My parents can't understand, given the quantity I eat, how I am only 21 1/2 pounds. Incidentally, I'm also 2 1/2 feet high. My capris are finally starting to look more like capris than long pants, so I'm feeling a bit more fashionable these days.

I wish Mommy and Daddy could put me to bed without cracking up laughing. I do them the great honor of saying "bye" to them repeatedly as they leave the room, and they laugh?!?! Where's the love?

XO Sophia





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home