Going up?
I am finally catching on. There is this box that we all get into and sometimes it goes to the playroom upstairs in my building, and sometimes it goes to the lobby (which means I get to go to day care or the park or something). Anyway, I've now learned what it's called - which is "el-a" (I can't say all of the syllables yet).
I'm very excited about this band called "The Wiggles." Mommy tells me that it's all the rage among the pre-school set. I'm diggin' it.
Mommy and Daddy read to me at night, as you know, and one of my favorite books (right now) is called "Elmo Loves You." I'm learning the book pretty well (Mommy can recite it off the top of her head and sometimes does dramatic performances of it unaided by the text), so Mommy stops at the parts where I get to say "Elmo loves you!" Incidentally, I've been saying this for some time (you know, randomly throughout the day), but Mommy and Daddy didn't understand for a while - they were all like, "What's 'Elmo Shoe' mean?" Anyway, Mommy figured it out and has helped me to annunciate it.
Another of my favorite books is "Knuffle Bunny" ( I liked it at about 6 months, then it fell into disfavor sometime around 12 months, and now it's back on the "nightly" list). Mommy named one of my bunnies "Knuffle Bunny" and I can now say "Knuffle Bunny." Mommy is not happy that one of the other phrases that I picked up from the book is "Mommy - bye" because she says it just hits too close to home (the mommy in the book waves bye to the daddy and Trixie when they go off to the laundromat). Mommy thinks I'm saying that she's gone too much. Anyway, I also say "money" - like when Trixie gets to put the money into the machine. Of course, I originally learned the word in the Bahamas where I also learned the words "credit card," "pancake," "hot dog," "auntie" (for aunt alexandra whose name is WAY too long for me to pronounce), " and "color." I learned some other words, too, but can't remember right now what they were. I know so many words now. Actually, one thing I do recall saying is - well, let me tell you the story....
So, Mommy was trying to read "Elmo Loves You" to me while we were in our hotel room in the Bahamas. Mommy was trying to get me to pay attention by asking me what something was and pointing to it in the book. As I was walking away from her, I looked over my shoulder and said, rather annoyedly, "It's a cow," and continued walking away. Mommy, Daddy, and Auntie were all shocked. Apparently this was (assuming they all heard correctly) my first sentence.
Something else I learned in the Bahamas: Did you know that there are many different types of chicken? You know how I love chicken (and the chicken dance, which I perform regularly during dinner - particularly during dinners that include chicken). Well, I found out that I love to eat the following forms of chicken: grouper, conch, shrimp (LOVE shrimp), and scallop. I'm not a fan of the form of chicken called "lobster." Mommy says I'm insane.
Another thing I learned how to do just before the Bahamas - I learned how to clink glasses during a toast. I clink with my own bottle, or a piece of bread, or just my hand. I LOVE to do this, and once I get started, I keep going around the table, again and again, until Mommy makes me stop. Good times.
I'm very excited about this band called "The Wiggles." Mommy tells me that it's all the rage among the pre-school set. I'm diggin' it.
Mommy and Daddy read to me at night, as you know, and one of my favorite books (right now) is called "Elmo Loves You." I'm learning the book pretty well (Mommy can recite it off the top of her head and sometimes does dramatic performances of it unaided by the text), so Mommy stops at the parts where I get to say "Elmo loves you!" Incidentally, I've been saying this for some time (you know, randomly throughout the day), but Mommy and Daddy didn't understand for a while - they were all like, "What's 'Elmo Shoe' mean?" Anyway, Mommy figured it out and has helped me to annunciate it.
Another of my favorite books is "Knuffle Bunny" ( I liked it at about 6 months, then it fell into disfavor sometime around 12 months, and now it's back on the "nightly" list). Mommy named one of my bunnies "Knuffle Bunny" and I can now say "Knuffle Bunny." Mommy is not happy that one of the other phrases that I picked up from the book is "Mommy - bye" because she says it just hits too close to home (the mommy in the book waves bye to the daddy and Trixie when they go off to the laundromat). Mommy thinks I'm saying that she's gone too much. Anyway, I also say "money" - like when Trixie gets to put the money into the machine. Of course, I originally learned the word in the Bahamas where I also learned the words "credit card," "pancake," "hot dog," "auntie" (for aunt alexandra whose name is WAY too long for me to pronounce), " and "color." I learned some other words, too, but can't remember right now what they were. I know so many words now. Actually, one thing I do recall saying is - well, let me tell you the story....
So, Mommy was trying to read "Elmo Loves You" to me while we were in our hotel room in the Bahamas. Mommy was trying to get me to pay attention by asking me what something was and pointing to it in the book. As I was walking away from her, I looked over my shoulder and said, rather annoyedly, "It's a cow," and continued walking away. Mommy, Daddy, and Auntie were all shocked. Apparently this was (assuming they all heard correctly) my first sentence.
Something else I learned in the Bahamas: Did you know that there are many different types of chicken? You know how I love chicken (and the chicken dance, which I perform regularly during dinner - particularly during dinners that include chicken). Well, I found out that I love to eat the following forms of chicken: grouper, conch, shrimp (LOVE shrimp), and scallop. I'm not a fan of the form of chicken called "lobster." Mommy says I'm insane.
Another thing I learned how to do just before the Bahamas - I learned how to clink glasses during a toast. I clink with my own bottle, or a piece of bread, or just my hand. I LOVE to do this, and once I get started, I keep going around the table, again and again, until Mommy makes me stop. Good times.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home