The Sophia Chronicles

Sunday, August 27, 2006

I'm Back

Hello Dedicated Readers,

I'm so sorry I have not been posting for a while - I have been quite busy. I have much to report, but I will have to catch you up on all of my peripatetic meanderings over the course of several postings. Just a quick story today.

Today I went to the Natural History Museum with Daddy, Wenday, and Champ (Mommy is at work). I was a little overwhelmed at first, but I was soon out of my stroller and zooming around (except near the dinosaurs where there WAY too many people for my taste). Anyway, I took a little bathroom break (which is evidently very obvious - how embarrassing!), and as soon as I was done, I went to the pouch on the back of my stroller where the diapers are, and took one out and handed it to Daddy to let him know I needed a change. Why everyone found this funny, I haven't a clue. I mean, do they really think I enjoy a full diaper?

I'm starting a new day care the first week of September, which is good because Mommy practically has an aneurysm every time she drops me off or picks me up from my current day care for one reason or another (e.g. slacker teachers). One more week! I met my FOUR teachers last Tuesday morning - they came to my apartment. They seem very sweet, and my parents are excited about the "curriculum," which includes things like "cooking" and "water play." When the teachers left the apartment I ran after them, and put my arms out to the side in a sort of shrug - saying "color?" I mean, they ARE teachers...They should have coloring equipment with them at all times, shouldn't they? Oh well. They assured me that I could do some coloring when I got there in the fall. I am totally obsessed with coloring, so they'd better. I am currently doing a series of pieces at the playground that I call "Hippo Art." There are these stone or plastic or something hippos at the playground and I take my colored sidewalk chalk and draw on them. It's sort of performance art - it's certainly ephermeral since kids (including me) come over and dump water on the hippos occasionally. I come home from the park every single day soaking wet from playing in the various fountains. They didn't have the water on this weekend, though, because it was kind of cold. Mommy actually made me wear a sweater! With sandals! Oh, the indignities of infancy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home