Day Care Travails
Labor Day weekend was really fun. On Friday, Mommy decided to work from home because the day care was going to close at three (my supposed last day at the old day care - more on that later), so Daddy took me to day care in the morning so she could get as much work done as possible before having to leave to pick me up. Mommy walked out with us on her way to get coffee, and after she kissed us good-bye on the corner, about mid-way across Broadway, I pointed to Mommy and told Daddy "Mommy coffee." Daddy thought this was funny, so now every weekend morning when Daddy goes out to get coffee AND when he gets back with the coffee I yell "Coffee!! Coffee!!" No one will give me any though. They seem to like it so much that I am very anxious to try it. I know I'm not supposed to drink it though, so when Mommy or Daddy accidentally leave their coffee cup on a Sophia-accessible surface, I will pick it up (always empty) and bring it to its proper owner without trying to take a sip. I can recognize the distinction between Mommy's coffee (or "lattee," as Mommy keeps insisting) and Daddy's coffee because of the different cups. One always says "Starbucks" (Mommy's) and one says "Dunkin Donuts" (Daddy's). I say "Mommy coffee" or "Daddy coffee" to announce that I have arrived with their empty cups.
Mommy and Daddy (and Grandma Wendy and Auntie Jo on Saturday) took me to the park many times this weekend. Grandma bought me stickers and I have enjoyed adding them to my coloring projects. I have been enjoying my new "Sophia-sized" table and chairs very much for the purposes of "color" and "sticker." Mommy bought me even more stickers to help me decorate the plastic container that would be my lunch box starting Tuesday. Mommy also bought me a new supply of sidewalk chalk because I have completely used up my first ginormous batch doing hippo art.
On Monday I pushed my play stroller next to Mommy (who was pushing my real stroller) ALL THE WAY FROM OUR BUILDING TO THE PLAYGROUND!!! Mommy and Daddy were so impressed because hippo park is something like seven city blocks away. Of course, I paused a few times to pick up acorns, but mostly I marched right along. I even had enough energy to play in the park when I go there - which Mommy said isn't all that surprising since Mommy and Daddy now have to order me my very own Vietnamese entree when they order take-out because I eat all of theirs' if they don't.
I also enjoyed playing dress-up this past weekend (well, every day, really). Mommy gave me one of her old blouses, her old fake-pearls, and I have a quite extensive hat collection of my own (because I keep suckering people like "Momma" - that's Mommy's mom - and Mommy and Daddy into buying me new ones. I also enjoy stealing Auntie's (Alexandra's) many different designer handbags and talking on my or Mommy's or Auntie's cell phones.
I was VERY excited to see Aunt "Amy" and her (and my) boyfriend Matt Saturday night. We all ate bread and different kinds of cheeses and olives. I found out that I really like Kalamata olives (pitted, of course), and fresh mozzarella and manchego cheese. Not so thrilled about the goat cheese. The adults were drinking what they seemed to think was a very fabulous NY red wine, but they would only give me milk.
I am very excited about tomorrow, too, because I get to see two of my buddies from my old day care (Isha and Kai). Mommy says Isha is like me without "the 'tude." I think Mommy says this because I often refused to say bye to her when she dropped me off, but Isha would always say bye and blow kisses at her (at MY Mommy). I can't help it if she's a suck-up. I am no performing monkey. Sheesh. A little self respect, please!
However, I did blow kisses at and kiss Mommy and hug Mommy many, many times in the car on Thursday because Mommy was so upset. You see, I've been "transitioning" into a new day care that Mommy, Daddy, and I like very much, and I was going to start there this month even though I am not technically old enough to go there. The Director was being very kind to us - esp. since Mommy and Daddy have to pay whether I attend or not in order to hold my space, but then something happened. Mommy said that some mean, despicable, insecure, power-crazed, (and there were a few more adjectives, but she kind of mumbled them) parents of another kid in my class complained because their kid was too good to be in a class with younger kids (even just three months younger). Mommy said that the Director said that because the day care isn't licensed for kids under two, I would have to wait now, or those other parents were going to make trouble. Hateful, stupid people. Daddy still took me in today - Mommy decided not to go because she said she couldn't be trusted not to rip the heads off the mean parents (and Daddy agreed - Mommy was really upset). I can go to the new day care for an hour or so every now and then as long as I have a parent or guardian with me. Mommy and Daddy want me to get to know the teachers and the other kids even though I can't really start for another month. Happily, my old day care is going to let me come back for a month, and then I'll start at the new place in mid-October. At least I get to be with Isha - even though Mommy has some very harsh things to say about the teachers and about how cranky I am at the end of the day because I'm so unbelievably bored by that day care.
Daddy was so upset after taking me back to the new day care today that he actually stopped off at Mommy's work after taking me to Mommy's work's back-up day care to fill Mommy in on what happened. The only thing Daddy ever gets upset about is if someone tries to hurt me or Mommy (otherwise he's the epitome of calm) - but when he even thinks about me or mommy being hurt, then he's a total wreck and probably pretty dangerous.
I don't know what happened - just that Daddy told me that the important thing was that the teachers absolutely dote on me and that I would be happy there. Today, the teachers thought the fact that I tried to clean up the little drop of paint I spilled and the fact that I tried to clean off my feet after going into the sandbox was really cute (Daddy mentioned that this is one obsession of mine he can really get behind). Jessica (one of the teachers) even showed me how to wash my hands, and Marian gave me a pretzel for the trip home (or, well, to back-up day care). Marian even gave Daddy a kiss on the cheek (with the mean mother watching from across the room trying to overhear their conversation) and said that they would miss me and him and Mommy for the month I've been ostracized. Daddy said he had to endure unbearable questioning from the mean mother this morning - he said she was trying to play the "are you as good a parent as I am" game. Well, we all know how Daddy (and Mommy) reacts to that kind of thing. That mean mother is lucky Daddy didn't puke all over her. It's a really good thing - a really, really good thing - Mommy wasn't there. She certainly would have puked on her.
Mommy and Daddy (and Grandma Wendy and Auntie Jo on Saturday) took me to the park many times this weekend. Grandma bought me stickers and I have enjoyed adding them to my coloring projects. I have been enjoying my new "Sophia-sized" table and chairs very much for the purposes of "color" and "sticker." Mommy bought me even more stickers to help me decorate the plastic container that would be my lunch box starting Tuesday. Mommy also bought me a new supply of sidewalk chalk because I have completely used up my first ginormous batch doing hippo art.
On Monday I pushed my play stroller next to Mommy (who was pushing my real stroller) ALL THE WAY FROM OUR BUILDING TO THE PLAYGROUND!!! Mommy and Daddy were so impressed because hippo park is something like seven city blocks away. Of course, I paused a few times to pick up acorns, but mostly I marched right along. I even had enough energy to play in the park when I go there - which Mommy said isn't all that surprising since Mommy and Daddy now have to order me my very own Vietnamese entree when they order take-out because I eat all of theirs' if they don't.
I also enjoyed playing dress-up this past weekend (well, every day, really). Mommy gave me one of her old blouses, her old fake-pearls, and I have a quite extensive hat collection of my own (because I keep suckering people like "Momma" - that's Mommy's mom - and Mommy and Daddy into buying me new ones. I also enjoy stealing Auntie's (Alexandra's) many different designer handbags and talking on my or Mommy's or Auntie's cell phones.
I was VERY excited to see Aunt "Amy" and her (and my) boyfriend Matt Saturday night. We all ate bread and different kinds of cheeses and olives. I found out that I really like Kalamata olives (pitted, of course), and fresh mozzarella and manchego cheese. Not so thrilled about the goat cheese. The adults were drinking what they seemed to think was a very fabulous NY red wine, but they would only give me milk.
I am very excited about tomorrow, too, because I get to see two of my buddies from my old day care (Isha and Kai). Mommy says Isha is like me without "the 'tude." I think Mommy says this because I often refused to say bye to her when she dropped me off, but Isha would always say bye and blow kisses at her (at MY Mommy). I can't help it if she's a suck-up. I am no performing monkey. Sheesh. A little self respect, please!
However, I did blow kisses at and kiss Mommy and hug Mommy many, many times in the car on Thursday because Mommy was so upset. You see, I've been "transitioning" into a new day care that Mommy, Daddy, and I like very much, and I was going to start there this month even though I am not technically old enough to go there. The Director was being very kind to us - esp. since Mommy and Daddy have to pay whether I attend or not in order to hold my space, but then something happened. Mommy said that some mean, despicable, insecure, power-crazed, (and there were a few more adjectives, but she kind of mumbled them) parents of another kid in my class complained because their kid was too good to be in a class with younger kids (even just three months younger). Mommy said that the Director said that because the day care isn't licensed for kids under two, I would have to wait now, or those other parents were going to make trouble. Hateful, stupid people. Daddy still took me in today - Mommy decided not to go because she said she couldn't be trusted not to rip the heads off the mean parents (and Daddy agreed - Mommy was really upset). I can go to the new day care for an hour or so every now and then as long as I have a parent or guardian with me. Mommy and Daddy want me to get to know the teachers and the other kids even though I can't really start for another month. Happily, my old day care is going to let me come back for a month, and then I'll start at the new place in mid-October. At least I get to be with Isha - even though Mommy has some very harsh things to say about the teachers and about how cranky I am at the end of the day because I'm so unbelievably bored by that day care.
Daddy was so upset after taking me back to the new day care today that he actually stopped off at Mommy's work after taking me to Mommy's work's back-up day care to fill Mommy in on what happened. The only thing Daddy ever gets upset about is if someone tries to hurt me or Mommy (otherwise he's the epitome of calm) - but when he even thinks about me or mommy being hurt, then he's a total wreck and probably pretty dangerous.
I don't know what happened - just that Daddy told me that the important thing was that the teachers absolutely dote on me and that I would be happy there. Today, the teachers thought the fact that I tried to clean up the little drop of paint I spilled and the fact that I tried to clean off my feet after going into the sandbox was really cute (Daddy mentioned that this is one obsession of mine he can really get behind). Jessica (one of the teachers) even showed me how to wash my hands, and Marian gave me a pretzel for the trip home (or, well, to back-up day care). Marian even gave Daddy a kiss on the cheek (with the mean mother watching from across the room trying to overhear their conversation) and said that they would miss me and him and Mommy for the month I've been ostracized. Daddy said he had to endure unbearable questioning from the mean mother this morning - he said she was trying to play the "are you as good a parent as I am" game. Well, we all know how Daddy (and Mommy) reacts to that kind of thing. That mean mother is lucky Daddy didn't puke all over her. It's a really good thing - a really, really good thing - Mommy wasn't there. She certainly would have puked on her.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home