Resumption
Hello. I'm baaaaaaaaccccckkkkk....
It's been nearly a year's hiatus, but I am now ready to blog again. I am starting my second wonderful year at Purple Circle Preschool, and am working hard to make my parents work hard.
After so long, it is difficult to know where to start. I speak quite well now, and I have a lot to say these days. So many commands and opinions, so little time.
I explained to my parents last night that I "do my work at school" as we passed by my school on the way home from Jordan's after dinner. Mommy then said, "Wave bye to your school," I pointed out that the school could not talk because "it doesn't have a neck, eyes, or a face." (It's amazing how little they have managed to learn about animate v. inanimate objects at their advanced ages.) Of course, not to be outdone, when I insisted on the way home that my cat Bunny (1) has no neck and (2) is black and white (instead of gray and white as Mommy kept insisting), Mommy decided we should investigate. Once home, Mommy tortured poor Bun for the sake of my education in order to demonstrate that he indeed had a neck. I'm not convinced that he's gray; however, we did all agreed that Bunny was pretty peeved at the end of the demonstration.
Mommy was reminiscing this morning about my previous fondness for the letter "E." Why? Well, I am now a big fan of Paul Newman's chocolate letter cookies, and insist each time that I be given an "S" and an "L" cookie. Mommy and Daddy inform me each time that I have to take whatever letters I can get, although they do sometimes let me choose two out of a group of five letter cookies. Anyway, this change in letter preference has obviously rocked Mommy's boat a bit. Evidently, I used to insist that Mommy and Daddy draw the letter E for me over and over and I would point out any E's I encountered on the street, etc. Now I have come to understand the profound importance of the letter "S" which stands for "me" and "L" which stands for "lobby." I now point out the S's on the street now instead of E's.
The other night, Mommy guided my hand to help me draw a letter S on the paper table-cover at Mama Mexico. Amy was letting me borrow her highlighter which Mommy, Daddy, Amy, and Matt had been using to demonstrate the different ways they all performed subtraction, kvetching over something called the "new math." Everyone was disgusted with Daddy when he finally explained that he was taught to do subtraction the same way they were, but that he wrote the answer down from left to right instead of right to left because he "just did it in his head and then wrote it down."
My favorite color is purple, and my other favorite color is orange.
I love Diego and Dora.
Daddy is trying to teach me about basketball, which I occassionaly enjoy, but sometimes I ask "Why you having me watch this, Daddy?"
More later.
It's been nearly a year's hiatus, but I am now ready to blog again. I am starting my second wonderful year at Purple Circle Preschool, and am working hard to make my parents work hard.
After so long, it is difficult to know where to start. I speak quite well now, and I have a lot to say these days. So many commands and opinions, so little time.
I explained to my parents last night that I "do my work at school" as we passed by my school on the way home from Jordan's after dinner. Mommy then said, "Wave bye to your school," I pointed out that the school could not talk because "it doesn't have a neck, eyes, or a face." (It's amazing how little they have managed to learn about animate v. inanimate objects at their advanced ages.) Of course, not to be outdone, when I insisted on the way home that my cat Bunny (1) has no neck and (2) is black and white (instead of gray and white as Mommy kept insisting), Mommy decided we should investigate. Once home, Mommy tortured poor Bun for the sake of my education in order to demonstrate that he indeed had a neck. I'm not convinced that he's gray; however, we did all agreed that Bunny was pretty peeved at the end of the demonstration.
Mommy was reminiscing this morning about my previous fondness for the letter "E." Why? Well, I am now a big fan of Paul Newman's chocolate letter cookies, and insist each time that I be given an "S" and an "L" cookie. Mommy and Daddy inform me each time that I have to take whatever letters I can get, although they do sometimes let me choose two out of a group of five letter cookies. Anyway, this change in letter preference has obviously rocked Mommy's boat a bit. Evidently, I used to insist that Mommy and Daddy draw the letter E for me over and over and I would point out any E's I encountered on the street, etc. Now I have come to understand the profound importance of the letter "S" which stands for "me" and "L" which stands for "lobby." I now point out the S's on the street now instead of E's.
The other night, Mommy guided my hand to help me draw a letter S on the paper table-cover at Mama Mexico. Amy was letting me borrow her highlighter which Mommy, Daddy, Amy, and Matt had been using to demonstrate the different ways they all performed subtraction, kvetching over something called the "new math." Everyone was disgusted with Daddy when he finally explained that he was taught to do subtraction the same way they were, but that he wrote the answer down from left to right instead of right to left because he "just did it in his head and then wrote it down."
My favorite color is purple, and my other favorite color is orange.
I love Diego and Dora.
Daddy is trying to teach me about basketball, which I occassionaly enjoy, but sometimes I ask "Why you having me watch this, Daddy?"
More later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home